GHK-Cu (also known as copper peptides) are small chains of amino acids, or protein fragments, that are bound to copper ions. When done in a controlled manner, this produces what is called a copper peptide. Copper peptides have been shown to trigger a wound-healing response in skin, act as a powerful antioxidant & anti-inflammatory and inhibit the breakdown of the skin's cellular matrix by MMP enzymes. Copper peptides have also been shown to reduce scar tissue formation while stimulating normal skin remodeling. Bio-Copper™ Serum is ideal to calm & soothe irritated skin, or for use after peels, microdermabrasion, or laser treatments. Copper peptides also have been clinically shown over time to reduce the thickness and appearance of stretch-marks and scar tissue. Copper peptides can also relieve the irritation & redness associated with retinol use and AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids). Studies have shown that copper peptides stimulate the synthesis of "normal" & healthy collagen in skin, thus contributing to a more youthful, healthy skin appearance.
- High levels of real copper peptides
- Perfect for sensitive skin types
- Oil-free hydration
- Provides irritation-free skin remodelling
- Micro-purified to remove potentially irritating free copper ions
Key Active Ingredient:
- BioGen-Cu™ (Copper Peptides) - Copper Peptides are complexes where copper ions are bound to small protein fragments that will fit specific receptor sites in the skin. Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, antioxidant properties. Reduces the depth & appearance of scar tissue & stretch marks, as well as allows for the repair of damaged collagen, which otherwise results in visible skin aging.
- B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan) - Mushroom-derived polysaccharide effectively reduces skin irritation, boosts skin's natural immune response & provides oil-free hydration.
- Inositol - Antioxidant & DNA repair molecule. In a study published by the University of Maryland, Inositol was shown to protect human skin cells from the harmful effects of UV radiation. Inositol is a potent antioxidant that researchers have found to prevent reactive molecules from injuring DNA & turning cells cancerous.
- Sodium PCA - A sodium salt that is naturally occurring in skin. Sodium PCA binds water to the skin and is a natural moisturizing factor. It leaves skin smooth & hydrated, without feeling sticky or tacky.
Directions for use (AM & PM):
- After cleansing & toning, apply 1-2 pumps to palm of hand. Apply to face & neck with fingers in a thin, even layer. Apply once daily. After using product for 2 weeks, increase application to twice daily. Safe for use in eye area.
Aqua (Distilled Water), BioGen-Cu™ (Copper Peptides), Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan), Phenoxyethanol, Inositol, Hydroxyethylcellulose